Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving, walking, and other delights

Sasha's first Thanksgiving was a big success. I roasted my very first turkey and she ate it with gusto, as seen below. She also enjoyed the glazed carrots, which tempts me to just glaze all vegetables in sugar in hopes she'll eat more of them. She also liked the stuffing and mushroom gravy, but refused potatoes in any shape or flavor. She is just not a potato lover (unless it comes in the shape of a french fry). We had some friends and my sister over and we all stuffed ourselves until we almost threw up. Okay, that might have just been me.
Sasha has also been... walking!! Lots and lots of shaky, but confident, steps are being taken. She's been kind of sort of taking little steps here and there for a couple of weeks, but on Thanksgiving she really went all out and just went for it. I guess she needed her audience. Since then, she's been walking, even when not prompted with applause. Pretty soon, she'll be running. It's hard to really photograph her walking (just looks like she's standing), but here's a picture that shows off her auto mechanical skills:

No comments: