Sunday, July 8, 2007



You wouldn't know it by looking at this photo, but I was pretty much out of my mind. Thankfully, Colleen and Kiela were not. Someday I'll share my story about those first few weeks.

Sasha fell off the bed (the very one pictured) for the first time yesterday. I came home from getting my hair cut and Jay gave me a challenging directive: "I have upsetting news, but don't get upset." When he told me she fell off the bed, I looked at my smiling, trying-to-crawl baby, surmised that she was just fine, and thought, "I'm glad it wasn't on my watch." Oh, you know I worried, too, asked all the right concerned questions, but I'm really quite proud that I didn't just freak. I mean, sure, I looked up "concussion" in the American Academy of Pediatrics book we have and ran over the symptoms list a few times, but overall I was just happy that her first real "accident" was pretty minor.


1 comment:

Misha said...

Great picture. It really feels like a rosy, new baby moment.
Oh, first accident. Yikes. Blix had a huge bruise on his head from a fall & I felt like the worst Mom, but he got over it okay. Let us both hope they weather all of their adventures in life so well!