Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Best Night EVER


"Wazzzup??"

I had Stephen Colbert running in the background while we practiced crawling, and she found the remote and turned it to the Weather Channel. Apparently, she is a 70 year old man trapped in the body of a six month old girl.

On the crawling front, we have definite progress. Since yesterday, she will now lift one hand off the ground while on her hands and knees, as if testing her balance. Last night, she even brought the hand forward and then one knee went forward and then she toppled over. She always gets right back up, though. Here's a shot of her gamely and gleefully trying out her crawling skills:
In other Sasha news, she has had a couple of good nights of sleep. Last night, we not only got her to fall asleep on her own, but she slept almost SIX hours in her own crib, in her own room, which is a personal best so far. I then brought her into our bed after her first night feeding, as usual, but she couldn't get comfortable. I put her back in her crib, and she passed out immediately, sleeping for another five hours. She woke up at 5am and I brought her into our bed, where she slept until 8am. I'm extremely pleased with last night's sleeping. I think she is very happy with the crib and the quiet, dark, cool environment in her room. Our bedroom is so stuffy at night and we get a lot of street noise. Heck, I'd rather sleep in her room, too.

I've been incredibly busy these days, although sometimes I think it just seems that way because Sasha is sleeping less during the day. That leaves me with limited time to do any sort of housework (darn) or catch up on emails/blogs/etc. and finally, to work on my business idea. Yes, a friend and I are hopefully starting a business together. We have a very well-formed idea that we think is going to be huge and we've possibly already found a prime location for the business. At least, the person in charge of filling the space is very interested and supportive of our idea. We're working on a business plan right now, and then I'll need to raise some money. It's not a huge amount, about equal to my student loan, actually, but I think I can do it if our business plan is solid. I'm just so confident about this idea and we've already gotten great feedback from the survey we've distributed. I'll definitely be updating more on this topic.

Ok, I probably have only a few more minutes before Sasha wakes up from her nap. Over and out!

No comments: